1. NAMES AND OBJECTS: The Club shall be called THE SEALYHAM TERRIER CLUB
That its objects be :
To promote the breeding of pure Sealyham Terriers. All potential breeding stock must be DNA tested for PLL before any breeding program is undertaken.
To adopt and publish the description of type and standard points as herein stated, and urge the adoption of this type on Breeders, Judges, Dog Show Committees etc. As only recognised standard by which may in future, be uniformly accepted as the sole standard of excellence on the breeding, and in awarding prizes of merit to the Sealyham Terriers.
To do all in it's power protect and advance the interests of the breed by offering prizes, supporting certain shows, and taking any other steps that may be deemed available.
2. THE CLUB: Shall consist of a President, one or more Vice-Presidents, a Chairman, an Honorary Secretary and a Treasurer. A Committee of ten persons and an unlimited number of members, whose names and addresses shall be kept by the Secretary. and shall be open to inspection Members at any general or committee meeting, or to the Kennel Club at any time. Any respectable person, favourable to the the objectives of the club shall be eligible for admission as Member. The election on Members to be made by the Committee .
3. SUBSCRIPTION: The annual subscription payable on application or on 1st January each year.
Single £ 8 Joint £ 10 Overseas: £ 10
That no one shall be deemed a member or entitled to the privileges of membership until his subscription shall have been paid. The liability of a member ends with his yearly subscription and he is liable for further calls or funds, but members may make special donations to the Club for objects approved by the Committee.
Any member who wishes to withdraw from the Club shall notify the Secretary in writing of his or her intention to do so and will thereby forfeit any subscription paid to the Club up to that date.
4. MANAGEMENT: The management of the Club shall be conducted by the Committee who shall be elected to serve for three years, one third of whom shall retire annually but shall be eligible for re-election without nomination.
Officers and Committee members of the Club must not be Officers or Committee members of any other club solely devoted to the Sealyham Terrier Club.
5. The Club be conducted by the Committee consisting of fourteen members, together with The President or Vice - President, Chairman, Honorary Secretary or treasurer, who shall be ex officio members of the Committee. In absence of the President, the Chairman shall preside. The Committee shall be elected to serve for three years term, and a third of whom shall retire annually but shall be eligible for re-election without nomination.
6. The President, Vice President to retire annually , may be re- elected without nomination. Chairman, Treasurer and Hon. Secretary shall be elected to serve for three years, one retiring annually in rotation but shall be eligible for re-election without nomination.
7. The Committee shall have the power to deal with any questions are not provided by the Rules.
8. The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy, if thought necessary in their number, such selection being confirmed at the first General Meeting.
9. Any member of the Committee absenting three consecutive meeting of the Committee, without a satisfactory reasons, shall be deemed to have resigned.
10. GENERAL MEETINGS: The Financial year of the Club shall be from 1st January to 31st December.
The Annual General Meeting shall be held early in each year, for the following purposes:
To receive the report of the:
Hon Secretary (summarising Committee and club activities)
Hon Treasurer (including the Statement of Accounts and Balance sheet)
The Committee shall have power to call additional General Meeting at any time deemed necessary in the interest of the Club.
11. CLUB PROPERTY AND DISSOLUTION: The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee.
In the event of the Sealyham Terrier Club becoming defunct , it was resolved then in the possession of the Club shall be disposed of at an Annual General Meeting.
12. CLUB ACCOUNTS: Shall be opened in the name of the Club, into which withdrawal shall be made only on the signature of two officers, one of whom shall be the Treasurer. (KC Rule 2C January 1955)
13. EXPULSION OF MEMBERS: Any member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club Rule A42j.(4) and/or any member whose dog(s) is are disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42.j.(8) shall, ipso facto, cease to be a member of the society.
If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Club be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club, the committee of the club may, at a meeting, the notices convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the Club shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising him/her of the place, date and hour of the Meeting so that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If, at that meeting, a resolution is passed by a two-thirds majority of the members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of members and he/she shall thereupon cease to be a member of the club, except that he/she may within two calendar months from the date of such meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such as the Kennel Club shall impose.
14. ANNUAL RETURNS TO THE KENNEL CLUB: The officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year, maintenance of the title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary for continuance of registration and that by 31st July each year, other returns, as stipulated in Kennel Club Regulations for the Registration and Maintenance of the Title of Societies and Breed Councils, Affiliation of Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities will be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of Secretary of the Club which may occur during the course of the year.
15. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee or hold any other office or appointment within Kennel Club Registered Club.
16. The Kennel Club shall be the final court of appeal in case of dispute, and this Club agrees that its decision on all cases shall be final and binding to the exclusion of all Courts and Laws.
17. The Club shall not take part in or join any Federation of Canine Clubs, Societies or Associations.